BlastBall, the fun alternative to traditional T-Ball, uses an exclusive "Honking" base to entertain younger players, adding excitement to the game. The rules are simple and call for a faster-paced game in which all of the players are involved and "on their toes" at all times. Not only does BlastBall keep the kids' attention and focus, it also helps develop their hitting, catching, fielding, throwing, and base running skills. BlastBall is a great introduction for kids 3-5 years old, as skill development will be stressed through games and drills. The first half of the session will focus on a specific fundamental, while the second half will consist of a BlastBall game where players will hit off a tee and run to first base to "honk" it. Fielders will then try and field the ball and yell "BLAST!" before the runner honks the base. The game is played with a foam bat and ball, with no additional equipment needed.
Participants receive a free t-shirt as part of registration.
- Ages: 3-5 years old
- Dates: Saturday mornings on June 2, 9, 16, and 23
- Times: 9:00 am - 10:00 am
- Registration Opens: April 19th, 2018
- Deadline: May 31st, $10 late fee after the deadline
- Location: Tennis Courts, 18th St. YMCA
- Cost: $30 members, $45 for non-members, includes t-shirt