100 MILE SWIM CLUB
Become a part of the 100 mile swim club at the YMCA and swim 100 miles in 12 months! All swim styles and techniques are welcome! The technique is not a priority, just the distance! Simply keep track of your miles after each swim on the tracking sheet on the pool deck (Ask the lifeguard if you need help locating this).
All members will receive a YMCA towel with 100 mile club decal sticker to show off your achievement!
- Start any time of the year
- $20 members & non-members
HOW FAR IS A MILE?
- 100 MILES = 165,000 YARDS OR 3,300 LAPS
- 1 MILE = 1,650 YARDS, 66 LENGTHS, OR 33 LAPS
- LENGTH = ONE END OF THE POOL TO THE OTHER A (25 YARDS)
- LAP = DOWN AND BACK (50 YARDS)
HOW CAN YOU GET TO 100 MILES?
- 2 MILES A WEEK = 100 MILES IN ABOUT 50 WEEKS
- 3 MILES A WEEK = 100 MILES IN ABOUT 33 WEEKS
- 1 MILE A DAY, 5 DAYS A WEEK = 100 MILES IN 20 WEEKS
All 100 Mile Swim Club members will be monitored by Lifeguards to make sure the club membership is being used properly.